Sunday, October 11, 2009

Rainbows!!!

This morning, I had this brief thought that I had so much to write about and I would do a blog entry. Now, however, I cannot remember what all of that stuff was, so we'll just go with the flow.
Issue number one that I would like to present, is that of the white shirt fiasco. I don't do white shirts. They do not like me. I do not like them. We are not friends. For a while, it all seems to be going smoothly, but than something always goes wrong and the relationship turns sour. For example (mom, I'm sorry) I got soy sauce all down the front of a shirt and I needed the stain out quickly so I just put bleach on it. Not cool. Not only did I then asphyxiate in my own fumes for the next several hours, but the shirt also turned a lovely shade of brown when I ironed it. Shirt number 2 got a red sock mixed in with the load, and well... clearly, you can guess where I'm going with this. The red sock shirt then also got a glass of wine down one sleeve. I just got 2 new shirts so we'll see how long they last.
Last night at the restaurant, Justin (the philosophy major waiter whom I dearly love) decided it would be fun if we had a coffee contest. If you don't know, a coffee contest has no looser. Everyone wins. It is a great game. By the time I got home, the shakes had stopped, but Symon said that if I didn't calm down, he would kick me off the couch. Then he touched me with his cold and very smelly feet. These were all very compelling reasons for me to go get a beer. Then we watched the Jackass movie until 3 in the mourning. I'll get more sleep after he leaves on the 29th, but I will also have no one to watch crappy TV with at 3 in the morning.
The last thing I can think of is the gay march. There was a massive march in DC today, to which dearest Roshanna came from Smith. I have never see so many rainbows. It was powerful and overwhelming and truly inspiring. I don't understand how anyone can be hateful to such a peace-loving and understanding community.

No comments:

Post a Comment