So every Friday, my Smith class meets at a different museum (not necessarily a Smithsonian) for our course on museums and technology. Each week, a different museum official talks to us about a certain aspect of the modern museum, for which we are required to prepare be reading some short assigned material and writing a journal entry. I'm sorry if I've said all this in a previous post, but I can't be bothered to go back and reread my own drivel. I find that if I read my written down thoughts afterwards, I just judge myself and than feel stupid for writing it and edit it out. Seriously, the me of 30 seconds ago was totally immature. The beginning of this paragraph is probably completely asinine, but if I deleted it, where, dear reader, would be the fun for you? Anyway... what I was whitely going to say, was that you know you've found a chosen field of study when you're assigned the same reading 3 different times by 3 different professors. Also, you should get a tip off when the names for all of your semester's classes begin with Material Culture of... or blank of New England. So basically what I'm trying to say is, I've read this article by Jules David Prown about this pewter coffee pot multiple times. On the up side, after reading it, I get to go on a field trip to Mt. Vernon.
And now it is time for shameless self promotion. Really, I feel absolutely no shame. Ever. (If you don't believe me, please refer to the post where I shameless describe an incident having to do with my side fat). I am a double blogger! My other blog is actually my final project for my Smithsonian internship, and technically, I view it more as a website. It is far more serious than this and has required far more effort and stress than this most wonderful blog where I simply word vomit whatever slips off my fingers onto the keyboard. Because it is serious, I would love it if as many people as possible read it before I allow Smith to see it. I am notoriously bad at spelling, so if anyone would like to read it for minor errors (as well as for their own edification and enjoyment) it would be much appreciated. Also, although it is tempting, I know, please refrain from commenting on the posts unless you are making a change suggestion, as I am trying to make it as professional and website-like as possible. But don't worry, I can delete any comments. It is MY blog after all. It's not yours so you shouldn't get to write on it. Get your own blog. GOD. Here's the link. American Song: Tunes of Protest
No comments:
Post a Comment