Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saranator, the Roller Derby Queen


I have just completed my first 10 minutes on rollerblades, and although not exactly graceful, my short stint did not result in any blood loss or long-lasting emotional damage. I feel that all things considered, the whole process was a success. It was also not made any easier by the fact that Jake was chasing me with a remote control car and that Hans was running around a stabbing me with a wooden sword. It all got better after I got the sword away from Hans and started using it as a sort of crutch to slow down. I now know that the stopper does not actually stop you, it just slows you a bit. Let’s just say that it was a good thing my car was in the way. Going up hill was taxing, but also much less frightening. Gabby did it with me and she was much more talented. If I were a Derby Dame, I would look like this…




No comments:

Post a Comment