Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bump in the Night

I almost forgot I had a blog. It's kind of exciting to be writing this after so much time. I can't promise anything though, so this will probably be the last one again for a while. I just can't seem to keep it up all the time like in the beginning. I'll have to make up for the infrequency of my posts by making each one really entertaining. 
So. I'm back at school and am happily carrying on with my bad habits of procrastination and laziness that I developed and nurtured while in Hawaii. I have been supplementing my homework and course load with a healthy amount of party going, movie watching, boyfriend texting, and sugar consuming. I have also gone to the gym (once) (yesterday) and now my body feels like it has been steam rolled. I used that foul machine that you sit on and then press between your thighs. I did not know those muscles could hurt. I can't walk up stairs like a normal person anymore. I am also taking spring board diving which I suck at. I was so sure that I would be good at it. I mean, I am a good swimmer and I don't have a problem with heights, but apparently you need to be freakishly bendy and able to touch your chest to your thighs. HA! I have way too much stuff in the middle to do that. I also have this bad habit of falling off the board instead of jumping up. I keep telling him I'm front heavy and I can't help it, but I don't think he buys it. Oh well. The other day, I climbed out of the pool after a dive and he said "Next time do a front flip." *!* So I did. I landed in the water on my back about 5 times in a row. I have bruises. Yah.
I have also been having weird sleep issues. The best one happened a few nights ago. I woke up with a start at around 2 in the morning with the driving certainty that I had to get up RIGHT THEN. Of course, I was still half asleep, so when I launched myself out of my bed in the pitch black, I simply toppled over and slid down the side of my bed. I crashed to the floor, which woke up my roommate who asked sleepily if I had fallen out of bed to which I replied that I wasn't sure. I then climbed back into bed and went immediately back to sleep. By morning I had completely forgotten until I went to put on my pants and felt a wound. I now have a scrape that bisects my left butt cheek. What the hell. It also has a bruise. Guess I hit something on the way down. The last few nights have been remarkably injury free.

No comments:

Post a Comment